Come read the (in)sane ramblings of a 20-something who has nothing better to do than (in)sanely ramble! There's also stuff about hermit crabs.

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Anakie Fires

Many of you may not know that last week (Oz day week) there were some serious bushfires raging not far from here in the Brisbane Ranges. I just wanna use this space to award kudos to the CFA and all the other volunteer organisations (including the Johnnies) that had a hand in containing the fires throughout the long, hot and smoky week.

The firies, Johnnies and Salvos worked twenty four hours a day in sweltering heat with no reward, bar the personal satisfaction of making a difference. Unfortunately, due to work, I was unable to help out with duties, but from what I’ve heard, thankfully, there wasn’t much action (although Ruth got some… action, I mean! *grins*).

It was good to see the smoke clear and the rain appear over the weekend. Actually, the rain reminded me of Oz day last year when we had that huge thunder/lightning storm that flooded the city and blocked off parts of the Melbourne highway as well as many other main roads. That was a lot of water! Ain’t it funny how the wheel turns?

To accompany this post I’m adding a link to St John Ambulance Victoria, just in case any of you are interested in joining, or hiring our services, or even buying a First Aid Kit (yes, I can get discounts!).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since you are sitting around waithing for comments i thought i would oblidge!

So Considering the information you told me about melz maybe i won't be the only one getting said 'action'.

(please don't kill me Melz)

well nothing else to say

toodles

12:49 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home