Come read the (in)sane ramblings of a 20-something who has nothing better to do than (in)sanely ramble! There's also stuff about hermit crabs.

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Barham 2006 - Friday

Barham Bridge as seen from NSW side.

Hope you all had a fantastic long weekend! I know I did. This post could take me a while so I’m gonna kinda take Melz’s advice and write it in dot point.

Friday: Tan, Amelia, Michelle and I drove to Barham via Bendigo to pick up Melanie. Arrived Barham mid-afternoon. It was a pleasant drive up, had some good convos in the car. Can anyone tell me exactly how fruit flies are transferred from fruit to fruit or tree to tree? (Mum, maybe you could ask David).We had a mini debate about it at the border as we shovelled grapes into our mouths.

After dumping the luggage and organising rooms at our four star apartment (it was well decked out), Mel and I went for a lazy afternoon stroll that lasted about three hours. We were gone so long Tan sent me a txt asking if we were alright. Checked out the town and crossed the river to Victoria to pick up some grog, as the NSW bottle shops were closed being Good Friday. Barham instantly reminded me of home, but more so of Toc. It’s one of those typical river towns with more pubs and hotel/motels than houses and a huge RSL. There’s also a lot of sporting facilities – tennis courts, golf course, footy ground, recreational lake etc.

The whole group of us (I think there was about 20) from Newcomb went to the pub for tea and then some of us kicked on to the RSL for the band. Norma taught me how to Waltz, which was pretty funny – I kept kicking her delicate little feet with my huge hiking boots! But she persisted – kudos to Norma. I decided to have a big night Friday as I didn’t have to play tennis on the Saturday. Turned out to be a bit bigger than I had originally envisioned, but it was fab. I drank quite a lot, which I haven’t done for ages, but I was alright. I could walk a straight line! Left the RSL at closing around 1am and stayed up to 5am chatting after having a few more drinks back at the apartment. Blake and I were even gonna stay awake for the sunrise, but decided we should probably crash or we would be sleepin’ it off all day Saturday, plus I was slowly fallin’ asleep on the couch.

Obviosuly this dot point thing is not gonna work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home